What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? I am partial to deserts! This year I found a cute and easy spin on apple pie that I decided to make and wanted to share the recipe with you all! All photos are mine, and I will link to the original recipe on the Blond Cook below:
Apple Pie Bites (Recipe from The Blond Cook)
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Total Time: 27 Minutes
Serves: 8 Apple Pie Bites
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie spice* (and additional apple pie spice 1/4 teaspoon to sprinkle on top)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 small apple cored and sliced into 8, 1/2 thick slices
1 8 oz. can of crescent rolls
*NOTE: apple pie spice = 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 1-1/2 table spoons ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon allspice, mixed evenly
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter. Set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet. Evenly distribute the brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on each wide end of the triangle and wrap the crescent roll dough around the apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
They look nothing like the original pictures from Pinterest (obviously) but they came out soooo good and I loved them.
We also made this delicious cranberry pineapple punch!
3 cups pineapple juice
3 cups cranberry juice cocktail
4 cups ginger ale
1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
Combine pineapple juice, cranberry juice cocktail and ginger ale into a large pitcher. Add cranberries, chopped limes, and ice.
The grocery didn’t have any fresh or frozen cranberries so we substituted raspberries with no problem. It was surprisingly good and fruity. I would highly recommend this for any get-together.
What are your post-Thanksgiving plans? A new season of the Great British Bakeoff was just added to Netflix so that’s what I’ll be hunkering down to watch!
Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂