It’s the last week of May – this year just continues to fly by, doesn’t it? May is always an interesting month here in Phoenix. It’s technically still spring, but you wouldn’t know it from the 90+ degree heat that has arrived right on time. It’s been windy, but hot air blowing isn’t very refreshing 🙂 I’m looking forward to monsoon season which starts next month, even though in recent years monsoon season has been crossed with dust storm season. We just can’t win, can we? At any rate, here are some of my favorites from this past month:
- Where’d You Go Bernadette: I have been reading this book and I love it so much. It’s one of those books that I have been hearing about for years but never got around to reading until now, and I’m so glad that I did. It’s incredibly witty and fast-paced and so funny. Review coming soon!
- TIME Magazine Cover: This week’s TIME Magazine cover took my breath away. The image says so much and, like most people, I’m on pins and needles waiting for what happens next.
- Pippa’s Wedding Photos: I have been loving all of these photos from Pippa Middleton’s wedding. It looks like it was a perfect spring day, her dress was beautiful, and I love how happy everyone looks in the photos. Even Prince George and Princess Charlotte got to participate I can’t resist adorable photos of those two cuties.
- Words Are My Matter: Ursula K. LeGuin’s newest book is giving me life. I have so enjoyed reading it and a review will be coming soon. For now, I’d just like to recommend it for anyone who is a fan of hers because you will not be disappointed by her collection of essays, musings and book reviews.
- Mindful Magazine: I recently discovered this magazine and now I don’t know how I have lived without it! For anyone looking for ways to incorporate mindfulness into their lives, this magazine is for you. Mindful gives tips on how to combat anxious feelings, handle relationships, and virtually everything you need to live a more mindful life. I think we could all use a little more of that, don’t you?
- Bachelorette – Rachel: The Bachelorette is in full swing as of last week, are you watching? I loved Rachel from last season and am secretly glad she didn’t end up with Nick. Despite the expected nonsense, craziness that happens every season, it seems like she might actually have some good guys! I personally am rooting for Fred, the childhood friend of hers who showed up out of the blue! Because how cute is that? Rachel has already announced that she is engaged, so that only adds to the excitement.
- Mother’s Day at The Merc: We visited the Pioneer Woman’s Mercantile for Mother’s Day and it was so much fun. I have a post devoted to this trip coming soon, but that was definitely a highlight of this month!
- Vintage NatGeo: I came across this National Geographic from 1929 (you read that right!) at an antique store recently and it was so cool to flip through and see this little glimpse in time. Don’t you miss those lovely yellow covers? I think this is the ultimate Throwback Thursday 🙂